Friday, August 12, 2016

Dresden Plate Table Runner

Hi there! It's my turn to share my project for the Apple Farm Blog Hop!  I have been patiently waiting for this line to come out for months!! I am such a fan of Elea's work and her new line Apple Farm just makes my heart happy! 

When I saw the fabric, I just knew a Dresden Plate was in order! ;) I have a love affair with Dresden blocks and I knew that it would showcase this fabric beautifully! 


I did three plates, and fussy cut the circles for the centers.  I just love those darling little bears!  They are perfect for fussy cutting!  

To create more interest - I sewed three strips together and sewed them in between each block.  I love the overall scrappiness of the runner - and how beautifully all the prints play with each other.



Here's how I made the runner:





To make a Dresden Plate Runner you will need:
1 Fat Quarter Bundle of Apple Farm
1.5 yards of Red Swiss Dots
1 yard of backing
3/8 yard of binding 
Dresden Plate Template
1/2 yard of Pellon Fusible Web


Cutting:
Out of various prints: 60 dresden blades
Out of various prints: 12 - 2" x 15" strips

Out of background: 3 - 15" x 15" squares

Assembly:

1. Cut your fabric into 5.5" strips and use your dresden template to cut your blades.  You will need 20 blades per dresden

2. Use my tutorial HERE to see how to sew a dresden plate!

3.  Place your dresden plates on your 15" squares and pin into place.  Sew them into place.

4. Sew 3 - 2" x 15" strips together (make 4)

5. Sew the strips in between each dresden block and on the left and right side.


6.  Fuse your fabric for your dresden centers to fusible web and fussy cut a circle for each of your dresden plates. Stitch around circle to secure.

7. Baste, quilt and bind with your preferred methods!


I hope you enjoy creating with this fabric as much as I have! Be sure to stop by the other blogs that are participating in the hop and see all the beautiful inspiration!

Talk to you soon!


8/8/16 Jemima @tiedwitharibbon www.tiedwitharibbon.com
8/8/16 Anorina @sameliasmum www.sameliasmum.com
8/9/16 Kimberly @fatquartershop www.fatquartershop.blogspot.com/
8/9/16 Bridgette @thefamilyhearth www.thefamilyhearth.com
8/10/16 Taunja @taunjalynn www.carriedawayquilting.com
8/10/16 Nadra @ellisandhiggs www.ellisandhiggs.com
8/11/16 Shari @doohikeydesigns www.doohikeydesigns.com/blog/
8/11/16 Heidi @fabricmutt www.fabricmutt.blogspot.com
8/12/16 Lindsey @fortworthfabricstudio www.fortworthfabricstudio.blogspot.com
8/15/16 Ange @alittlepatchwork www.alittlepatchwork.wordpress.com
8/15/16 Lauren @transientart www.transientart.com
8/16/16 Jessica @euphoria_jessica www.euphoriajessica.blogspot.com
8/16/16 Kristyne @prettybyhand www.prettybyhand.com
8/17/16 Melissa @ohhowsweetco www.ohhowsweet.com
8/17/16 Sedef @downgrapevinelane www.downgrapevinelane.com
8/18/16 Faith @faithessenburg www.saranaave.wordpress.com
8/18/16 Veronica @vividfelicity www.vividFelcity.wordpress.com
8/19/16 Megan @dollyhenryau www.dollyhenry.blogspot.com
8/19/16 Amanda @jedicraftgirl www.jedicraftgirl.com
8/19/16 Me @elealutz www.elealutzdesign.com

7 comments:

E. Lutz said...

Lindsey!! I love, love, love dresden plates too - and yours are so beautiful! I need this table runner in my life! What an inspiration you are - thank you so much for also sharing a how-to on making this gem. What an honor to have you on the hop today - thank you so much, friend! Beautiful project! xx

Carried Away Quilting said...

Just darling Lindsey! What a great use and placement of this sweet fabric! I bet you had so much fun putting this together!

Anonymous said...

SO ATTRACTIVE! THINK I'D LIKE TO MAKE ONE LIKE IT!
msstitcher1214@gmail.com

Kathy E. said...

I've had a Dresden template for a long time, but haven't used it. With your photos and tutorial, I think my plans are to add it near the top of my list. Your runner is gorgeous!

Melanie said...

Super cute Lindsey!!!

Ingrid said...

Muy lindo Lindsey! Gracias por compartir.

Kathleen said...

Love Dresden plates and so cute with the fussy cut centers you used! Thanks for sharing the instructions. I will save these, although I don't have fabric near as cute as yours :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...